I talk with parents everywhere, every day. In grocery stores, the neighborhood, the gym, the dental office, at church, email, social media, and on and on. I hear many of the same stories shared along with the same emotions expressed.
I find myself repeating many of the same statements. So, I’m thinking that you probably need to hear some of these things, too…
- God loves you, sees you, and cares.
- You are doing a great job as a parent.
- It’s okay to make mistakes, you’re only human.
- You deserve to take a break and take care of yourself.
- Your children are blessed to have you as a parent.
- You are not alone, there is support available to you.
- It’s okay to ask for help when you need it.
- I want to say this again: It’s okay to ask for help when you need it.
- One more time: It’s okay to ask for help when you need it.
- You are teaching your children valuable life skills.
- You are loved and appreciated for all that you do.
- Your children will remember the love and care you give them.
- You are doing the best you can with what you have.
- You are giving your children the gift of a lifetime by being a loving and caring parent.
- You are making a positive impact on your children’s lives.
- Your children will always remember the good times and happy memories you create together.
- You are a great role model for your children.
- You are inspiring your children to be their best selves.
- You are doing an amazing job juggling all the responsibilities of being a parent.
- You are creating a wonderful and loving family environment.
- You are providing your children with the love and support they need to grow and thrive.
- You should be proud of yourself for all that you do for your family.
- You are an amazing parent.
As parents, we know that parenting is the toughest, most important job on the planet. We’re not supposed to do it alone. We’re all in this together! Let me say it one more time, “It’s okay to ask for help when you need it.” From relatives, friends, professionals, and even us…fellow struggling parents.
We love YOU and your family!